The Church - The Facade
The undistinguished exterior of St. Patrick's belies its intimate and uplifting interior. Though small as it may be, the facade of our Church has almost all the characteristics found in other Churches. This Church (about three storeys high) has a plain flat rectangular facade with a triangular central elevation and an open plain "bell Tower".
The Lower Part consists of the main Entrance to the Church.
It is as plain as it could be. There is a window on the left hand side, which has nothing to do with the Church and a simple three-foot wide door on the right.
The Central Part consists of the "decorations" of the facade.
This part, with the one above it, is structurally divided into three vertical sections, the central of which is a little larger then the other lateral two.
In the outer sections we have two niches with two Statues. On the left, there is the Statue of St. Peter. On the right is the Statue of St. Patrick above the Main Entrance Door. Between the niches, and slightly below, is the Plaque indicating the year of the building's dedication (1897). Some distance above this plaque we find a Cross, right in the centre of the whole facade.
The Higher Part consists mainly of work which seems "unfinished".
There is a big circular window - a rose-like type - right above the Cross. To the left and right of this window, on the lateral sections, slightly higher, and far above the niches, there are two small circular inlets. A space reserved for the classical clocks?! Far above the Main Door, on the right of the building we have a rudimentary "Bell Tower", the bell of which is missing.
ST. PATRICK'S RC CHURCH - Waterloo
The London Parish Run by the General Delegation of the Franciscan Order of Friars Minor Conventual